Not sure whether to visit New York City in the fall? Let me take away those doubts. I visited the city end of September and there were no crowds (well, for New York standards anyway) plus there was a lovely Indian Summer vibe going on all around the city. And I’ve got twenty Instagram pictures to prove it!
1. The yacht harbor in Downtown Manhattan
2. Indian summer at the Central Park Sheep Meadow
3. Pier 2 on a cloudy September evening
4. Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass, also known as DUMBO
5. Looking down from the top of the Rock
6. Madison Square Park near the Flatiron district
7. A giant hand painted mural of Pope Francis overlooking Madison Square Garden. He visited the city on the 24th and 25th.
8. The lively Washington Square Park at night, with the Empire State Building peeking through in the back
9. Street art along the High Line in the West Village
10. At the humbling National September 11 Memorial
11. Brooklyn Bridge Park at sunset
12. The awe inspiring Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, even more awesome after dark
13. Crossing the Brooklyn Bridge by foot – a cliché for a reason
14. Bryant Park in Midtown Manhattan
15. Walking along the Brooklyn Heights promenade
16. A ride on the East River ferry
17. Times Square – unavoidably intriguing
18. The autumn view from Roosevelt island
19. This pretty much applies to the whole city…
20. The observation deck of the Rockefeller Center
All pictures taken with my Samsung Galaxy S4, edited with Snapseed and Instagram.